Friday, September 12, 2014

Cleaning tack

I finally had a chance to clean some tack - this is something that I really need to be better about! I always wipe down the bit after a ride, and I also give the saddle and bridle a quick wipe, but I'm not very good about thoroughly cleaning and conditioning everything.

The leather definitely takes a beating here with all the dirt and dust and weather changes - hot and humid in the summer, cold and dry in the winter - I'm wishing for a climate-controlled tack room!

I've read a lot of recent blog entries about what everyone uses to clean tack. I'm currently trying out Leather Therapy products. So far they seem to be doing a good job!

The days are getting shorter and colder, and P and AP are growing winter coats already. At first I thought I was imagining it, but it's definitely happening. Even though winters are tough here, I love when the ponies are warm and woolly. And there are no bugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment