Sunday, June 28, 2015

A rainy weekend leads to organization

Unfortunately, this weekend did not involve a lot of pony time - partly due to my choice and partly due to the monsoon-like weather. I was overly tired from a busy week and didn't think I had much energy to devote to the pony - and then the weather really made the decision for me.

While the rain poured down and P and AP were snug inside their shelter with hay, I focused on getting stuff organized. I did some cleaning out of pony stuff - every so often I like to go through the supplies and clean out anything unneeded or old and expired. It helps me keep track of what supplies are needed, and I make out a pony shopping list.

I also got some other paperwork organized and cleaned a little bit. I wrote some e-mails and relaxed for a while - and I'm even writing a blog entry!! So while very un-horsey, it was a weekend that I really needed just to catch up on life. I hope that everyone also had a productive weekend, whether you were riding or just getting organized!

4 comments:

  1. cleaning days are good. I always end up with a few things that I don't recall how I got them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. a weekend of sitting back and organizing / relaxing actually sounds pretty refreshing! glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really needed it - being organized helps me feel like I can tackle other stuff!

      Delete